Post-Doctoral Research Position Available
A post-doctoral position at the Orentreich Foundation for the Advancement of Science (Cold Spring-on-Hudson, NY) is immediately available in Dr. Sailendra Nichenametla’s lab. Dr. Nichenametla investigates the mechanisms by which methionine restriction extends lifespan and confers metabolic benefits. The candidate will be working on a variety of methionine restriction projects associated with mechanisms, nutritional aspects, and prevention of diseases, including metabolic diseases, cancers, and proteostatic disorders. Responsibilities include generating data extensively from rodent models and occasionally from in vitro studies and specimens from clinical studies. The post-doc will perform experiments, data analysis, draft publication-quality manuscripts of their findings, assist in submitting grant proposals, and present work at scientific meetings.
- A Ph.D. with 0-2 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Demonstrable research experience in biomedical sciences and in two or more of the following areas/techniques: nutrition, aging, metabolism, immunohistochemistry, cell culture, molecular biology.
- At least one paper as first author published in a peer-reviewed biomedical journal.
- At least 1 year experience working with mice or rats.
- 2-3 years’ experience working with mouse or rat models.
- At least one paper published as first author in an aging, nutrition, or related journal.
- HPLC experience.
- Experience demonstrating surgery/dissection in mice/rats.
Please use this link to submit your application. You will need to upload the following files:
- Cover letter.
- Full curriculum vitae including education or other academic appointments, complete publication record, and research skills listed in detail.
- PDF of the most representative publication of your previous research.